The first step insetting up your WooCommerce-powered online store is to install WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin itself. But before doing so, you should check that your hosting environment meets our minimum requirements. These are:
- PHP 5.6 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- WooCommerce 2.5 requires WordPress 4.1+
- WooCommerce 2.6 requires WordPress 4.4+
- WP Memory limit of 64 MB or greater (128 MB or higher is preferred)
You should also check WordPress minimum requirements.
- Some other optional things that may be required include:
- CURL or fsockopen support for PayPal IPN
- Some of our extensions require SOAP support
- An SSL certificate if you wish to install direct payment gateways
- Multibyte String support if you’re running a non-english store
- If you want WordPress pretty-permalinks, there are some additonal requirements listed here
- You can check if your server has the items listed above after installing WooCommerce from the System Status page.
You can check if your server has the items listed above after installing WooCommerce from the System Status page.